[Gllug] Nethack - was Removing the Debian Menu in Gnome

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Nov 18 17:15:05 UTC 2005

On Friday, 18 Nov 2005, Joel Bernstein wrote:
>On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 03:16:25AM +0000, David Damerell wrote:
>>Well, I don't know how marvin (12 ascensions from 13 consecutive
>>games) got that good, but really I don't find the game that hard -
>>mind you, I've read _all_ the spoilers and most of the source.
>Isn't that, you know, cheating?

In a word... no. Not that there isn't information deeply buried that's
intended to make it possible (albeit unlikely) that an unspoiled
player can win, but it's always been fairly explicit that players are
expected to exchange information.

I've had comments from members of the Dev Team on my spoiler;

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~damerell/games/nhid.html

so I think it's fairly clear that they don't condemn spoiler-writing.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Distortion Field!
Today is First Thursday, November.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk