[Gllug] Alcatel SpeedTouch on Slackware 10

Peter Joanes pjoanes at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 16 19:59:16 UTC 2005

Hi Henry,

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 19:12, Henry Gilbert wrote:
> ... I think the main challenge is the kernel version
> 2.6.14-2; the script works with 2.4.x ..
FWIW, I'm using 2.6.11.9 on AMD64. I'd recommend not using an install script,
not least because it will spew files over your system breaking the package
management.

> I feel I am so close, I don't think its the kernel version alone.
If you post some specific logs or error messages, I might be able to give you
some pointers.

> I will go over your read your instructions again for Gentoo.
In my instructions, it is only the part about init scripts to start the ppp
connection on bootup that are Gentoo-specific. Other distro's will have
something very similar.

Cheers,

-	Pete.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk