[Gllug] Linux on Sparc

Wiehe, Simon simon.wiehe at csfb.com
Tue Nov 8 15:53:10 UTC 2005

I have just got hold of a Sun Ultra-5 to 'play' with Solaris 10 and DTrace.

Now I am starting to ponder also installing Linux on the machine. The question
I have is the usual 'which distro?' I use Ubuntu on i386 hardware but am not
sure on sparc distros since I used to run Red Hat on an IPC about 5 years ago.

Anyone got any experience of running Linux on Sparc hardware that can recommend
a good distro? I like the install features of Ubuntu because I don't tend to
get too much under the covers and like the way it normally just works.

Thanks

Simon

http://www.csfb.com/legal_terms/disclaimer_external_email.shtml

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk