[Gllug] OT: umbrella companies for contract work

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Fri Nov 4 10:48:09 UTC 2005

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:43:29 -0000, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk>
wrote:

SNIP

>> It doesn't work like this any more (well it can I guess, if you want,
>> but I don't know why you'd want to).  You can create a brand new company
>> online in a few hours for £25 or so, without needing to buy an
>> off-the-shelf company and change it's name.
>
> Why ? Because it is simpler to do so.
> Yes: you can learn how to do it, I agree that it is not hard, but often
> when you are
> 'getting started' there are lots of things to worry about and a small
> fee for an
> off the shelf company is probably easier than doing it yourself.

I'd suggest using http://www.4business.com/ where it takes literally
minutes to set up a company with a name you decide on and costs from about
£35.  I've used them a couple of times over the last few years (and
suggested them to firends in your position) and it seems to get cheaper
each time.  You can even get a brass sign to put on your house!

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk