[Gllug] Web Site Creation

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 09:28:56 UTC 2005

I'm trying to to write a web site. My knowledge of doing so is rather
old and really rather out of date.
I'm thinking of using css, xhtml, javascript, and php which seams like
a very large number of different languages to have to mix into one
item, But such is the web....
I'd like to create a "header" and a "footer" and then strap them on to
each web page automatically so I don't need to worry about having to
hand edit the header and footer into each page. Unfortunately xhtml
does not seam to have any "include" tag so this needs to be done with
hmm php which is a server side hack and I'd prefer to leave the php
for the pure interactive bits!
I also find the xhtml spec unreadable and not any easier to use than
the old html ones.
Am I still writing it by hand or are there any better tools nvu looks
good but still does not seam capable of using css properly. (Amaya is
not that much better than what I've seen) I would quite like to be
able to get someone else to write the bodies ones I've got the basic
design worked out and hence the bodies may have to be written in
OpenOffice or NVU or something with a nice WYSIWYG gui.

Any help/ideas?

Peter Childs
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk