[Gllug] pervasive computing - everything crashes

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Wed Nov 2 16:48:03 UTC 2005

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> On 2/11/2005, "Sean Burlington" <sean at uncertainty.org.uk> wrote:
>>- and I'm fed up with my TV crashing - I keep having to reboot the set
>>top box...
>

> Ditto my Homechoice STB.  Useless phuckers.

They were very nice about being useless

gave me regular updates on not having fixed anything ....

I ended up with no phone line for a while at the end of a very long
period of interrupted service - they blamed it on BT - BT blamed it on
them ....

>>Does anyone know which freeview STB brands/models have the best stability?
>

> Make your own from a MiniITX case and DVB-t card?  Chuck in a hard drive
> and you've got a PVR.  Can't vouch for stability of the software
> though.

I've got MythTV - but I'd quite like a cheap freeview box as well - I
only have one computer so I don't always want the resources hogged by Myth.

- even if it is much more stable than my old OnDigital STB!

--

Sean
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk