Turning an access point into a wireless-ethernet client ( was: Re: [Gllug] wireless broadband routers .... insufficient range)

Wiehe, Simon simon.wiehe at csfb.com
Wed Nov 16 09:24:58 UTC 2005

> I have some ethernet peripherals (printer, MP3 player), but since I
> moved to using an entirely wireless network at home, I now can't use
> them very easily.  However I do have a couple of old wireless APs.
> One is a Netgear ME 102.  The other is a Linksys WRT 54G (running
> Linux).  Any tips on whether it's possible to get these to act as WiFi
> clients, plugging the peripherals into the ethernet ports?

If memory serves me correct you will need a series of bridges. Plug the peripheral
into the bridge to bridge to your main network. Unfortunately most bridges only
work with bridges of the same make. Some APs also act as bridges, my LinkSys one
does.

Simon

http://www.csfb.com/legal_terms/disclaimer_external_email.shtml

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk