[Gllug] Most Recent File

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Nov 25 19:48:54 UTC 2005

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Richard Jones uttered the following:
> On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 03:59:52PM +0000, Simon Faulkner wrote:
>> Why don't we like find?
>
> I'm not speaking for anyone else, but _I_ don't like 'find(1)' because
> the syntax is verbose, difficult, and not very Un*x-like.

One thing I wonder is if anyone's written a better replacement. (Fading
memories tell me that find(1) was *deliberately* written to be non-
Unixlike in syntax...)

--
`Y'know, London's nice at this time of year. If you like your cities
 freezing cold and full of surly gits.' --- David Damerell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk