[Gllug] Wireless card, network

Zsolt Csiszár zsoltcs at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 25 23:35:53 UTC 2005

Hi guys, I hope I can fix this before your meeting in 2 weeks. I have a
Toshiba satelite M35X S311 laptop. When I installed Mandrake/mandriva LE
2005 it did not make it work the wireless card Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG
Network. The internet works from the ethernet card no problem but now I live
in a place where It would be better if I could use the wireless card. I have
KDE and it has a gui for networking. It would be great if I could use it to
make the right sertings. I can see eth2 but it does not seem to work. At
boot up it fails saying it is not present...
Anyway at the TCP/IP protocol DHCP IP Address no IP Netmask No Mask DNS
Servers 194.168.4.100, 194.168.8.100, 192.168.1.1
DHCP tab: DHCP client dhclient
assigne host name from DHCP address checked
no name no timeout. Get DNS servers from DHCP checked, Get YP servers adn
NTPD servers from DHCP not checked.
Options tab: Start at boot checked, the other too are not.
Information: Vendor: ‎Intel Corp.
Media class: ‎NETWORK_OTHER
Module name: ‎ipw2200
Mac Address: ‎00:00:00:00:06:08