[Gllug] Burning DVD?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sat Nov 12 17:32:19 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 12:05 +0000, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:

> So what's the easiest way to burn it?  It's in the right flavour of
> MPEG, but presumably it needs to be turned into VOBs somehow.

If you visit the MythTV web site and look at the FAQ (and the end of the
long "Documentation" page) there you'll find some basic instructions on
how to create a DVD which should meet your requirements.

The only problem I've found with them is that if the original MPEG has a
time offset between the audio and video streams then the instructions as
in the FAQ don't preserve it.  I've got an updated version of the script
which I did to fix this, but I don't currently have access to the
machine which it's on.  mpeg2desc -m will tell you what the offset is
and then you feed it back to mplex.

HTH
John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk