[Gllug] Issues with Hotplug && Auto-mounting

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 21:43:05 UTC 2005

On 11/27/05, Martin A. Brooks <martin at hinterlands.org> wrote:
> Henry Gilbert wrote:
> > then Logitech QuickCam Express
>
> What chipset it is?

Logitech got sorted out. I am back home now can't recall the chipset.
I used qce from sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/qce-ga/
and then added a modprobe mod_quickcam to rc.d/rc.local as I am still
not sure what is the proper syntax for adding modules in modprobe.conf
or modules.conf

It works now - but a lot of other still doesn't. Most notably some
Sony Minolka Digital Camera (real shame I don't have the info now).
But I get the feeling is a pretty non-standard digital camera -
mounting via usb wouldn't work.

> > then CD read/write.
>
> See the CD Writing howto.

I might have to do that.

> > Unfortunatelly the constraints still are: Kernel-2.4.31 and Slackware
> > 10.2.
>
> You have my sympathies.

Price to pay to revive a machine that was almost going to the bin.
Really wished I could have achieved more. I think CD won't even mount.
Even DVD won't play - ah well .. one (huge slow) step at a time I
guess.

thanks

HG

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk