[Gllug] Fedora Core 4 sound - just an observation

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 12:25:54 UTC 2005

come to think of it that what i pasted was the default

i was by experiementing with those parameters

i should have written down what values I've used.

it was a Samsung P28 that was giving all that sound problem
chipset was atiixp

i kept firing in the dark until I went for OSS
and sound never crashed again on that laptop
the owner is blissfully happy now playing Mame games

have you tried those low-latency kernels at
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/planetccrma.html

i'd be curious how they'd perform

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk