[Gllug] Web Site Creation

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Nov 5 00:03:07 UTC 2005

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005, Tethys moaned:

> Nix writes:
>
>>In the past I've had to write filesystem manipulation scripts in a
>>mix of Solaris's ancient /bin/sh and crude K&R C that compiles with
>>HP/UX 10's bundled compiler... and, yes, Perl is heaven compared to
>>*that*, even without CPAN.
>
> There's a memorable quote about the HP/UX bundled compiler. Google's not
> being particularly helpful in tracking down the source, preferring instead
> to give me my own paraphrasing of it on this list:
>
> 	http://lists.gllug.org.uk/pipermail/gllug/2005-January/049684.html

Alas, that was until recently inaccurate: its other purpose was
bootstrapping GCC. (Now that is no longer true and the horrid thing
can rot in obscurity where it belongs.)

--
`Heinlein is quite competent at putting together sentences, but usually
he also puts together a plot to go with them.' --- Russ Allbery
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk