[Gllug] Web Site Creation

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Nov 7 23:38:36 UTC 2005

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005, will at willj.net wrote:
> Nix wrote:
>> I've not yet tried Ruby so can't comment
>> on it.
>
> It's very nice, if that helps :)

It's on my list, but so are about a million other things :)

> IME Ruby is fairly slow to start up, but it is a very nice language to
> work in.  Well, *I* think it is anyway, it's OO is certainly not
> bolted on.  You can sub-class everything, integers included.

Hm, the latter is not evidence for the former: Python's new-style
classes *are* bolted on (although they will probably eventually
supplant the old scheme entirely) and permit things like subclassing
of integers. :)

--
`Heinlein is quite competent at putting together sentences, but usually
he also puts together a plot to go with them.' --- Russ Allbery
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk