[Gllug] [ot] suggestions for dvd ripping software

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Wed Nov 2 09:49:27 UTC 2005

Justin Perreault wrote:
> For searching a site you can always try using google. Try:
>
> site:www.freshmeat.net dvd linux

Just as a follow up to this thread I've finally, sort of, found what I want.

I found a utility called "lsdvd" which allows you to dump the structure
of a DVD. I then wrote a Perl script that takes this information and
works out which tracks are the episodes.  It's then easy to rip just the
episodes, encode them using mencoder and name them appropriately.

All I'm really missing now is a DVD equivalent of CDDB so I don't have
to type in the episode and disc details by hand.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk