[Gllug] pervasive computing - everything crashes

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Nov 2 19:03:03 UTC 2005

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 05:12:51PM +0000, Sean Burlington wrote:
> If I was going to spend money on something like this I'd investigate the
> mac mini - I know it's not diskless but it is reported to be quiet...
>
> http://www.sowerbutts.com/linux-mac-mini

They're certainly very quiet - virtually silent.  My flatmate had one
in the living room for about a year and even with your ear up to it,
it was hard to tell the difference between powered up and off.  For
DVB-T support you will need to install Linux, unless you happen to
have some of the rather limited range of hardware supported by:
http://www.defyne.org/dvb/

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.