[Gllug] Sony Protected CD's apparently installing rootkits...

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 21:37:54 UTC 2005

On 12/11/05, Junior Williamson <junior at acetechno.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> On Friday 11 November 2005 13:45, Wiehe, Simon wrote:
> > And even more bad news for Sony over this.
> >
> > I suppose it was just a matter of time.
> >
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4427606.stm
> >

> It seems they have started to do the right thing at last and stop production.
>
>         http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4430608.stm
>
> It seems they haven't done anything about the CDs still in circulation yet...

Of course wether there is any thing actually wrong with what Sony have
done is actually open to debate.
If sony are only using loop holes in Microsofts code that Microsoft
have left in their closed source. The only people who can really get
Sony in trouble is the Virus writers for stealling the interlectual
property.
Its good that its come out, Good for open source in the long run.

Peter.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk