[Gllug] Linux on Sparc

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Nov 10 13:44:44 UTC 2005

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005, adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk stated:
> I have every reason to believe their support for 64 bit machines is
> quite good.

It is. I have a Debian distro running in a chroot on this very machine
(which has never run Solaris for more than a few hours at a time):

Linux amaterasu 2.6.14 #1 PREEMPT Sat Oct 29 16:51:04 BST 2005 sparc GNU/Linux

(that's an UltraSPARC with a mostly-32-bit userspace).

--
`Heinlein is quite competent at putting together sentences, but usually
he also puts together a plot to go with them.' --- Russ Allbery
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk