[Gllug] Sharing Internet via Serial Cable

Peter Grandi pg_gllug at gllug.for.sabi.co.UK
Wed Nov 2 15:18:21 UTC 2005

>>> On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 12:07:10 +0000, Henry Gilbert
>>> <henry.gilbert at gmail.com> said:

[ ... ]

henry.gilbert> ... The lady already weeped how poor she was,
henry.gilbert> being a single mother and all that ... whilst
henry.gilbert> living in Chelsea, girl goes to public school,
henry.gilbert> and having a second house in France; ... yaaa
henry.gilbert> one is ootterly goolible :P

This reminds me of something... Last year in the "Money" section
of the Sunday Times there was an interview on how a pensioner,
John Notts, managed his money, and had this little bit:

 «Q: Have you ever been really hard up?

  A: Yes, while I was in politics. I had to keep two homes going
     and I had three children in private schools.

     When I went into parliament none of us were professional
     politicians. We had to have business interests because the
     parliamentary salaries were so low.

     I was poor when I was a minister because I had to give up
     all my business interests.»

After leaving politics he had to look for jobs, no doubt at his
local JobCentre, and I guess after getting on his bike and going
around from factory to office to shop, he found a vacancy and
got hired, just to get by, as chairman of the board of Lazard,
and by working hard he got himself sorted:

   «Within three years of going back to the City I had paid off
    all my debts.»

That's how the other half (percent) of the country thinks... :-)

[ ... ]

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk