[Gllug] Wireless connection drop dead

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Mon Nov 14 17:33:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 17:09 +0000, Diana Scott wrote:
> Hi Henry

> I have switched to windows xp to test the connection wired and wireless but
> both gone dead. Since suse 9.3 doesn't use Speedtouch 330 modem from
> Wanadoo, I have to use windows xp to go online and it is working fine.
>
> When I did a scan for wireless in suse, I found a wireless connection from a
> neighbouring user whom I don't know but I noticed he had his WEP option on.
> I noticed my WEP was off. Can he, by any chance, do something to my
> configuation so that it is not working now? But I think it would be my modem
> itself playing up.
When you have a wired connection to your router, please let us know.
We can then help you set up WEP and also filtering based on MAC address
so that your neighbours CAN'T use your connection, unless you want them
to.

And no jibes about WEP security please. The lowest hanging fruit is
easiest to pick etc.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk