[Gllug] BT Voyager 100 USB ADSL Modem

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 19:00:29 UTC 2005

On 11/7/05, Peter Joanes <pjoanes at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have an Alcatel Speedtouch 330 which, crucially, has a driver in the vanilla
> kernel sources. It is very reliable and they can be bought for about two
> pounds on eBay. Installation is a matter of dropping a couple of files
> into /lib/firmware, adding the connection settings in /etc/ppp, and plugging
> it into the computer.

interesting thought and thanks for sharing your own experience.

i keep meeting PC with no ethernet card.
and going about connecting them to the internet is
not just frustrating - it feels hopeless

have to talk the owner into buying ethernet card + router + etc
and they (tight as they are) are usually never happy.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk