[Gllug] Issues with Hotplug && Auto-mounting

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 04:56:55 UTC 2005

They read my mind. The daughter of the landlady came in tonight with a
brand new Wireless D-Link ADSL Router and a new WinXP Laptop she
purchased earlier. And asked me to set the wireless for her +
encryption.
The relic PC connects to the internet via wired router now .. and both
landlady and daughter are pretty unconcerned what the relic PC can or
can't do as they play with their new toy. I won't maintain or touch
their laptop - its Windows XP - so they can do it themselves.
I will remain using their relic PC (with Slackware) as a bad excuse to
join them for dinner or socialize with the foreign students. I left
the place now (4am) with gaim-vv compiling. I don't know how
gnomemeeting is meant to work (will read up soon) .. but I've tested
gaim-vv with Yahoo webcam users and it is pretty neat.

Slackware was an interesting experience. First time I've fully
installed and maintained that distro properly. Despite the bumps, I
don't fully regret it. Definitely very lean, fast and cutting-edge.
The other distros I tried on that machine would just crawl.

HG
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk