[Gllug] Re: Connexant USB ADSL on Debian .. anyone cracked it?

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 15:36:26 UTC 2005

On 11/11/05, Justin Perreault <justinperreault at dl-jp.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 03:47 +0000, Henry Gilbert wrote:
> > ok giving up on this USB Modem
> > I think it is broken - I've tested on Windows and light won't come on.
>
> Are you sure it is not the cable or usb port used?

yes
I kept interchanging with the other BT Voyager 100
which incidently did install on Windows.
But the Conexant one is clearly broken no lights
(but lsusb)

> They seem to have some others at the moment but I did get an adsl modem
> with 1 ehternet and 1 usb connection from Maplin. They do have other
> other modem/routers from 30 to 80 quid.
>
> I found it quite easy to set up as they are full devices on their own.
> basically just turn it on browse to it tweak the settings and change the
> default password and it was ready to go.

routers are easy
its a call for water.
when you give up the fight (wisely)
im going to buy a ethernet card for the PC
and then get my router back which I've lent to my sister.
(she is on dialing up + Windows)

i am glad i didnt push through because by reading the forums
even after connection people had problems (with BT Voyager)

what I find extremely upsetting
is that over 60% of the UK broadband population uses BT
uses such modem
and will be put off migrating to Linux over such obstacle.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk