[Gllug] REST example

Tristan Hill stan at saticed.me.uk
Sat Nov 12 17:55:20 UTC 2005

Can anyone think of an example for the REST compatible way to deal with
an increasing or decreasing count.  i.e. continuing the example from [1]
if I want to decrease the quantity value from the return of
http://www.parts-depot.com/parts/00345 - how is that achieved since it
changes the server state?  I thought the client could PUT a copy of the
data received previously with a lower quantity, but didn't think that
would be very robust with multiple clients.

What about a url to return a unique (increasing) number each time it is
accessed - could that be RESTful?

[1] http://www.xfront.com/REST-Web-Services.html

TIA

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk