[Gllug] Will Doom 3 for Windows runs on Linux?

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 12:33:06 UTC 2005

On 11/16/05, Stephen Harker <steve at pauken.co.uk> wrote:
> Depending on the distribution and video card, he may not have any
> hardware accelerated 3D support by default so you may need to install
> the binary only NVIDIA or ATI driver to get it to run at all. I'm not
> sure if it will work with the open-source drivers.
>
> Stephen

He has NVIDIA, his machine is really a beast. I might work on his
machine this evening or tomorrow. My only concern is his wireless,
that will be the greatest obstacle I reckon. Otherwise I am happy his
Linux partition has finally become an attractive option to him. Come
to think of it - installing a Linux partition even if the person
doesn't use straight away always pays. A similar story happened
before.

cheers

HG
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk