[Gllug] Web Site Creation

Liam Delahunty liam at megaproducts.co.uk
Fri Nov 4 12:23:45 UTC 2005

On 04/11/05, Stephen Harker <steve at pauken.co.uk> wrote:

> Reminds me of a trombonist I know who has 14 trombones, some of them
> very expensive, and he sounds wretched on all of them. However, another
> trombonist (ex NZSO principal trombone) you could give the crappiest
> school trombone full of dents to and he'd still sound good.

Yes, so many people concentrate on the tools and not the technique...
"If I only had a XYZ I'd be able to ....".

My old saxophone tutor used to take his pupil's machines and play
something wonderful on them. Then you knew it was down to you to
perfect your art, and not the limitations of the machine. On the other
hand, if only I had a triple monitor, multi CPU, 2 gig ram PC I might
become a decent programmer... ;)

--
Kind regards, Liam Delahunty
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk