[Gllug] Web Site Creation

James McGuigan james-lists at worldfuturecouncil.org
Sun Nov 6 14:32:45 UTC 2005

Liam Delahunty wrote:
> My old saxophone tutor used to take his pupil's machines and play
> something wonderful on them. Then you knew it was down to you to
> perfect your art, and not the limitations of the machine. On the other
> hand, if only I had a triple monitor, multi CPU, 2 gig ram PC I might
> become a decent programmer... ;)

I don't have room on my desk for a third monitor, but my setup is pretty close.

Its the extra screen to google the answers out of the online manual and debug your
work that really help. Now all I really need is a machine that will allow me to stop
time, work 16 hours in front of my computer and still have the rest of the day left
to do all those other things I need to do. I've tried sleep deprivation, but my
girlfriend isn't too keen on it, and after a while I go from grokking to being groggy :-)

But I agree, good tools make life easy (assuming you know how to use them) and can
occasionally reduce the learning curve, but if you can't program without them, then
that's the difference between "going through the motions" and "truly grokking" :-)

--
Rules are written for those who lack the ability to truly reason,
But for those who can, rules become nothing more than guidelines,
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk