[Gllug] free gift from the Inland Revenue ?

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Nov 30 11:56:48 UTC 2005

On Wednesday, 30 Nov 2005, t.clarke wrote:
>1) I am informed that they require all companies to register a PAYE scheme
>even if they do not employ anyone
>2) Employers with less than 50 employees get 250 quid for filing online for
>the year 2005/6, #150 for 2006/7, #100 for 2007/8 and #75 for 2008/9

But if you have no employees you might be a company but you're not an
employer. Check http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/employers/doit1.htm ;

"If you have no employees when we do our count, we will still write to
you because you will be able to get up to L825 tax-free if, later, you
have to take on employees and you file online."

Alternatively if you just wanted to start an urban legend about loony
regulations without actually checking if it was true, try and get the
European Union into it, that's the usual kook focus.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Distortion Field!
Today is Leicesterday, November.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk