[Gllug] QDOS hard disk

John Southern john at sinoda.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 15 15:10:55 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 15 November 2005 14:23, Brad Cahoon wrote:
>  I have a hard disk with QDOS on it, not the Sinclair version but the
> original version. I have tried qltools but that doesn't read it.

I had better ask - What original version?
Is this a Sinclair QL related HD
Are we taking about the early Thor SCSI disks?
If not Sinclair QDOS (Firefly HD) - Does that mean the QBide version and if so
what ROM?
Maybe an earlier Miracle HD?

What is it from - Thor, QL, Q40/60 Amiga, Atari or other emulator?
Pre QL there is a Hobeta (Hobbit personal computer HD) and a Kay 1024 that I
believe used modified TR-DOS and not the QDOS.
A further Sinclair/non Sinclair HD would be the ZX96 HD by TeamZX in Germany

Did the Seattle Computer Products QDOS support hard disks? Might be MS-DOS 2.0
if it is small enough.

John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk