[Gllug] Home desktop PC rebuild with Linux?

Christopher Currie ccurrie at usa.net
Wed Nov 23 23:43:30 UTC 2005

Does anyone know of a good firm or person in London that would rebuild a PC
round hard drives, or install existing drives in a new PC? And wouldn't be
afraid of SuSE Linux?

I have a 4-yr-old Mesh Athlon-1400 PC with newer 80 and 40 GB hard drives,
dual-boot with Suse Linux 9.3 (and a legacy windows ME installation which I
need to keep but don't use much). Motherboard keyboard connection is dodgy,
so I don't want to risk going on using it.

Some other components may be worth salvaging/transferring, and I would not
want to replace external peripherals as well (which will limit choice of
ports etc.).

I can't do it my self (lack time and skill) and don't want to waste money on a
new Windows XP setup which I'd then have to replace, with nontrivial waste of
time, reinstalling software and backed-up data and probably losing something
important.

 I think I need someone to discuss a bespoke job with, but I'm having no luck
so far.

Open to any serious suggestions!

Christopher
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk