[Gllug] [OT] Technobabble

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Nov 21 12:16:37 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Chris Bell uttered the following:
>    There are other problems. Heathrow airport has a heating system which
> pumps high pressure superheated steam around. A heat exchanger in a building
> close to Hatton Cross tube failed, putting two people in intensive care for
> about a year as they were hit by escaping steam, and boiling water dripping
> from the ceiling. They are still receiving skin grafts after more than 5
> years.

Good grief.

I... er... think I'd prefer a radiator. I guess hot water is less
efficient than high-pressure superheated steam, but it'll only damage a
few books (well, OK, and computers; my fault for not putting them on
stilts) if a radiator bursts.

--
`Y'know, London's nice at this time of year. If you like your cities
 freezing cold and full of surly gits.' --- David Damerell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk