[Gllug] Web Site Creation

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Thu Nov 3 12:08:48 UTC 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 12:03:09PM +0000, Tethys wrote:

> Richard Jones writes:
>
> >That's why it's better to start off using Template Toolkit. In
> >addition, SSI limits you to using Apache: for instance it's not
> >possible to preview SSI sites using a browser and local filesystem.
>
> Yes, but to paraphrase, oooh, no one in particular, I'd rather pull
> my fingernails out than have to work with Perl again.

Just because Template-Toolkit is written in Perl, doesn't mean you
need to know anything about Perl to use it. The 'ttmake' command
line tool provides the "compiler", and the Template markup syntax
is a very simple (yet powerful grammar) which does *not* require
any use / knowledge of Perl.

That's like saying I'm not going to run Mozilla because I don't want
to go near C++ again - underlying programming language is utterly
irrelvant as an end user.

Regards,
Dan.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk