[Gllug] Web Site Creation

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Nov 7 18:07:24 UTC 2005

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 04:23:08PM +0000, Tethys wrote:

> Richard Jones writes:
>
> >OO isn't the only way.  It's hardly even a good way. :-)
>
> Agreed. But then again, Miranda didn't do much for convincing me that
> functional langauges were a good way, either...

Yes, well Miranda is a toy teaching language.  In fact being a pure[1]
toy teaching language without modules or any means to extend it, with
a single non-free implementation, it's barely even practical as a
computer language at all.

I had to use Modula-2 at university, and that didn't put me off
imperative programming.  Although if Niklaus Wirth had turned up while
I was trying to write that 68000 emulator in Modula-2, I wouldn't have
been responsible for my actions ...

Rich.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purely_functional

--