[Gllug] Web Site Creation

Richard Turner richard at zygous.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 17:33:55 UTC 2005

Richard Jones wrote:
> You could try a language which _isn't_ just a syntactic modification
> from other languages you've tried before:
>
> http://www.ocaml-tutorial.org/

I think one of the nice things about Ruby is that it's syntactically
similar enough to other C-like languages to be very familiar very
quickly, but doesn't have all the noise - all the brackets and curly
brackets and semi-colons and so on...

Enumerations are nice in Ruby too: myCollection.each_with_index() is nice :)

Of course, one of the good things about OOP is that there are so many
design patterns out there now often you're problem's solved just by
tacking a few patterns together; the hard work has already been done for
you so you only have to concentrate on the specifics rather than
pondering architectures.

--
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning..."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk