[Gllug] Web Site Creation

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Nov 3 14:45:38 UTC 2005

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005, Tethys wrote:

> Aaron Trevena writes:
>
>>Then you really aren't much use as a sysadmin or programmer IMHO.
>
> Really? Whatever you say.

Well, Perl is disgusting but foul though the language is as a language,
CPAN makes it utterly irreplaceable for a whole pile of things.

Just take extreme care when writing anything big, 'cos Perl won't
stop you being undisciplined and your code may sag apart faster than
yuo can put it together.

>>Puh lease. If you have something sensible to say, then please do but
>>after years of idiots dissing my preferred tool without any knowledge
>>of it I am pretty sick of it.
>
> And you're assuming I have no knowledge of it because...? Where else
> do you think I'd have acquired a dislike for it?

I have a love/hate relationship with it. If only Python had a CPAN...

--
`"Gun-wielding recluse gunned down by local police" isn't the epitaph
 I want. I am hoping for "Witnesses reported the sound up to two hundred
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk