[Gllug] canon mp360

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 00:41:00 UTC 2005

4.
Try this then

* Open Yast-hardware-printer and start configuring your printer.
* In printer configuration, highlight your printer, click edit
* In configuration, highlight your printer model, click edit
* click Add PPD File to database-click local ppd file and browse to
/usr/share/cups/model and select the appropriate model and your
finish.

Answering your earlier question -
what you've installed:

1. Compatibility layer so the next RPMs works on your version of Suse

2. General BJ Filters from Canon Japan

3. Specific Printer Filter from Canon Japan

Apparently the European Canon-Branch didn't bother looking after their
Linux customer base.

All the instructions above are nothing but a summarized version of the
following references:

http://www.suseforums.net/index.php?s=da532c771b7f93cbf5906acaf4a727e0&showtopic=16946&pid=96940&st=0&#entry96940
http://www.suseforums.net/index.php?showtopic=16956&pid=96938&st=0&#entry96938

regards