[Gllug] canon mp360

Justin Perreault justinperreault at dl-jp.com
Thu Nov 3 00:59:18 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 00:21 +0000, Diana Scott wrote:
> Hi Henry
>
> Thank you for the instructions. I have been following them up until no.4
> choosing the model because under canon, it wasn't a 360 or mp360 nor 860. It
> has got BJ -100 series, BJC series, GP series, LBP series, LIPS series ,
> MultiPASS series and S100 series.
>
> I don't know which one to choose.
>
> The MP360 is a scanner with printer. do I have to config the scanner as well
> as the printer?

I just did a quick check on a hunch and the MP does stand for MultiPASS.
There is likely to be a 360 driver in the list and if not then there may
also an earlier driver such as 350 or some such.

If 360 is not listed under the multipass section then you could also do
a google search for

cannon linux multipass mp360

cannon linux multipass mp360 xxx

cannon linux mp360 xxx

cannon linux mp 360

and any number of other variations. The xxx (I have not seen the list in
front of you mind) is the number of the alternative driver in the list
you think might work so possibly 350 or there might be a 361 driver.
Also you could try going through your listed choices one by one.

Doing these searches should hopefully lead you to a posting where some
one installed an mp360 and either had good or bad luck with particular
drivers or some one who has or knows the location of the specific driver
for your printer.

Good luck

--
Justin Perreault

Better questions lead to better answers-

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk