[Gllug] Spam

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Oct 14 10:55:15 UTC 2005

On 14/10/2005, "Joel Bernstein" <joel at fysh.org> wrote:

>I had a similar problem, and the explanation I had was that the contract
>you have is with the event promoter/venue and not with the ticket
>extortionists. So they're allowed [and AFAIK required by the promoters]
>to pass your details on to the event and promotion companies. If you're
>being spammed by one of those there's less you can do :/

Not if you use unique addresses for these pricks, because then you can
just delete it.

On a related ticket-extortion note, I successfully got Camden Trading
Standards onto Koko (http://www.koko.uk.com/live.htm) who were
advertising ticket prices that were unattainable.  They don't operate a
ticket office, so there is no way of buying tickets for face-value.
You'll notice that they now have "+ booking fee" after every price.
Not the result I wanted, but at least they're not being misleading any
more.  Buying one ticket to The Melvins, advertised as £15, would end up
costing £23 after extortion fee and compulsory postage fee.

I prioritise Mean Fiddler gigs over all others these days, because they
operate a box office at all of their venues where you can buy tickets
for any of their venues at face value.  (Helps that the Astoria is just
across the road from work :)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk