[Gllug] JFS and bad blocks

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Thu Oct 6 13:45:09 UTC 2005

Jack Bertram wrote:
> No - this is pedantic, as it's very clear that I was asking for
>help from experts.  In fact, the sentence was a casual way of saying
> "Can anyone advise me?"

You're wrong.

You asked (of JFS): "Anyone using it and can give advice?"

The completely correct answer is  "Yes, there is (almost certainly)
someone using it who can give you advice".

You don't ask who the person is, nor do you ask if they _will_ give you
advice.  You simply want to know of that person's existence.

Metaquestions are _very_ irritating in a technical context, your
question is only one step above "Can I ask a question?".

Luckily for you, we're all nice people here :)

Mart.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk