[Gllug] [OT] Recording a WMV stream

Andy Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Fri Oct 21 20:32:22 UTC 2005

My wife was in the RunLondon run last weekend and their site has the
ability to view her finish.  She has been trying to save this video
stream (in windows unfortunately) or take a screenshot and it is not
working.  If I try using lynx or wget to get the file, the file I get
only has the following info:

<asx version="3.0">
    <entry>
        <ref
href="mms://ms.groovygecko.net/groovyg/clients/akqa/hydepark/hyde001_hb.wmv"
/>
        <starttime value="03:31:48" />
        <duration value="00:01:00" />
    </entry>
</asx>

Even if I download the "hyde001_hb.wmv file it still gives me this content.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how she can successfuly do this?

Thanks,

Andy
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk