[Gllug] [OT] Recording a WMV stream

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Fri Oct 21 21:10:04 UTC 2005

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:32:22 +0100, Andy Farnsworth
<farnsaw at stonedoor.com> wrote:

> My wife was in the RunLondon run last weekend and their site has the
> ability to view her finish.  She has been trying to save this video
> stream (in windows unfortunately) or take a screenshot
SNIP

I'm guessing you are just getting a green square where teh video should be?

With windows go to the screen properties and turn off all hardware
acceleration (its normally a slider).

The video won't be so good but if you pause it at the right place (might
take a few attempts) then you can get a screen shot with something like
paint shop pro (pressing "print Scrn" might also put it in the paste
buffer).

Good luck.

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk