[Gllug] just preaching to the converted !

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 22:31:19 UTC 2005

On 22/10/05, Tethys <sta296 at astradyne.co.uk> wrote:

> Simon Morris writes:
>
> >1) Software should be free for anyone to use as long as they respect
> >the GPL. We can't pick and choose who this freedom applies to. As long
> >as MS respect the conditions of the GPL there is no problem.
>
> So the problem is? Do you have any evidence that MS are *not* respecting
> the terms of the GPL?

No, I have no evidence either way :)

My point was as long as they *do* respect the GPL they should be able
to use the software as well as the rest of us.

However I don't think the GPL allows code to be used in a wider
non-free application which is why MS used BSD licenced code for it's
IP stack.

--
~sm
Jabber: mozrat at gmail.com