[Gllug] Wifi USB that works with Linux & I can buy online

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Oct 4 14:00:39 UTC 2005

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 01:52:49PM +0100, Tom Schutzer-Weissmann wrote:
> > rich> Been through a couple of Wifi USB adaptors recently.  The
> > rich> first one (a Belkin F5D 7050) has a Linux driver, but it
> > rich> didn't work at all for me.
> >
> > This hs got a Ralink chipset, but the cards known to work with
> > that are not USB ones, even if I have seen some reports of
> > success with the Ralink driver and USB.
>
> The nightly CVS tarball of the rt2570 driver at
> http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Downloads
> has always worked for me, with a variety of kernels from 2.6.11 to
> 2.6.13.1 (right now).

That's strange because it's definitely not working for me at the
moment (kernel 2.6.13-rc7).

I get a disturbing number of "scheduling while atomic" errors
appearing in the kernel logs, iwconfig causes a kernel oops, and even
then no packets venture beyond the plastic casing into the ether.

If I add a 'B'-device onto this network, will that force all the other
devices (all 802.11g) into a slower rate of transfer?

I might have to look into fixing the zd1211 driver instead ...

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk