[Gllug] Sun OpenSource

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Mon Oct 31 22:27:12 UTC 2005

This one time, at band camp, Nix wrote:

> (The most extreme case I've had was email *and web pages* printed by
> secretary, replies dictated, printed on a manual typewriter on headed
> notepaper, then scanned in and sent as vast mailserver-killing BMPs
> embedded in Word documents. Gah.)

We had a salesguy once who had his secretary print out all his emails,
and he'd write the response on them and she'd type it in.  This was a
"New Media" company, mind.  His job was to go out and sell the wonderful
(erm...) web sites we were building for them, yet he wouldn't be able to
use Notepad, let alone Outlook.

Mind you, the guy could sell fridges to Eskimos.  He was very good, even
if we'd cringe on every sales call when we heard what he was promising.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Geeks need vacations too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

"The PROPER way to handle HTML postings is to cancel the article,
 then hire a hitman to kill the poster, his wife and kids, and
 fuck his dog and smash his computer into little bits. Anything
 more is just extremism." - Paul Tomblin