[Gllug] Dead Reiser drive

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Oct 31 22:26:51 UTC 2005

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Anthony Newman yowled:
> Jim Bailey wrote:
>> On Oct 21, 12:30, SteveC wrote:
>>>So I think it's gone to that big IDE controller in the sky, unless
>>>anyone has suggestions other than paying someone in a cleanroom to do
>>>some magic?
>> depending on whats up with it, you could try putting it in the freezer
>> in a zip lock bag and some moisture absorbent gel etc. to see if that
>> helps.

ITYM `fridge', HTH. Freezing the thing might have rather nasty
thermal contraction/expansion effects.

> Don't forget to dance around naked, waving some old bones and
> muttering appropriate demonic incantations ;-)

I believe that only works if you're a naturally red-headed green-eyed
young virginal female and it is the dark of the moon. (This also neatly
explains the failure of most attempts.)

--
`"Gun-wielding recluse gunned down by local police" isn't the epitaph
 I want. I am hoping for "Witnesses reported the sound up to two hundred
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk