[Gllug] Moodle, FTP and Perm's

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Mon Oct 17 14:39:35 UTC 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Martin N Stevens wrote:

> I work in a school, where we use moodle (a php application) to help
> out with course management.
>
> At the moment moodle only allows uploads of 2MB.

How large do you want the allow the files uploaded to be?

Up can increase the max upload file size quite easily and if you are in a
secure(ish) environment it should be safe to do so.

> So the question is how do i get moodle/apache to create new
> documents/folders with the correct permisions name 770 to allow the
> ftp user to upload courses.

Can you not specify the umask when creating the directory?

Check whether you are running php in safe mode as that will prevent you
doing so.

Jason

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk