[Gllug] Moodle, FTP and Perm's

Martin N Stevens budgester at budgester.com
Mon Oct 17 14:23:25 UTC 2005

HI,

I work in a school, where we use moodle (a php application) to help
out with course management.

At the moment moodle only allows uploads of 2MB.

So we have an FTP server that will allow uploads of files of a larger size.

So apache/php/moodle run as a user called www-data

The course folders where the data is stored get created with
permisions if 740 with a user and group of www-data

The single ftp user account is setup with a link to the root of these
data folders and is a member of the www-data group, but of course this
makes no difference because it only get r/x rights.

So the question is how do i get moodle/apache to create new
documents/folders with the correct permisions name 770 to allow the
ftp user to upload courses.

I've look at umask, but can't seem to get it to do the job.

Any ideas

Regards
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk