[Gllug] [OT] Phone Scam?

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 10:47:14 UTC 2005

On 10/29/05, Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org> wrote:

> According to Google, 07090 are personal phone numbers - these cost a
> bit more to dial (32p/min daytime) but shouldn't have cost you 20 quid
> unless you hung on the phone for an hour.

I've phoned NTL to query how much the call cost... so we'll see.

> Since it's not a premium
> number I also don't understand how the owner of the number can make
> money from them.

I wonder if you can do some kind of redirect?  All I know is I smell a
nasty fish... only 2 or 3 people know laomao's phone number, and the
scenario is too cute - she wasn't even expecting a delivery.  Had I
listened more, I'd have been suspicious that she was informed by SMS -
I just heard 'I received a message to call this number- I don't have
much credit, will you call it for me?'

> Rich.

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk