[Gllug] If you have nothing nice to say

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri Oct 21 15:19:21 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 16:10 +0100, paul wrote:
> On Friday 21 October 2005 14:18, you wrote:
> > Paul - you no longer top post.. yay :)
>
> no but I am forgetting to check where my reolies are going

Perhaps your rellies are going away for half term?

> -sometimes I accidentally post to the person rather than the
> list. Is there nothing to prevent that, other than being more careful?
>
> why does it occur that a post is made to the list and sometimes
> when i click reply it has gllug in the "To" box
> and sometimes it has the personal email of the sender?

Now there's another bag of worms.  It depends on whether the original
sender put a "Reply-to" field in his header.

There's a school of thought that mailing list software shouldn't put a
"Reply-to" field in the header, but having administered a busy list I
can't agree with them.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk