[Gllug] just preaching to the converted !

paul paul at thinksolution.net
Fri Oct 21 15:36:28 UTC 2005

I know I'm just preaching to the converted here,
in what I say next -but it is a revelation to me in
some ways that I think the time REALLY has come
for Linux to take serious chunks out of the
microsoft market. IMHO I think windows 2000 AS
and 2003 AS have been rendered useless by the
demands placed on these systems by spammers,
hackers, (everything really). I still dont think
that UNDER IDEAL CIRCUMSTANCES, windows 2000
Advanced server is that bad - but these days who
can use it as we don't have ideal circumstances.

I used have the opinion that learning a new operating
system took took too much time but its nothing
in comparison to the efforts you have to make
in order to keep win 2k afloat.  By my own observations
I am beginning to conclude that windows has been the
victim of its own success but if Linux became as big
as microsoft OS's have been - would it too suffer as bad?
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk